Sunday, May 13, 2012

23 Weeks!


 
 
How far along? 23 Weeks
 
I know I missed two weeks, but I've had a very eventful last few weeks. This pregnancy has been going great up until two weeks ago, when I started having pretty bad back pain. I thought it was just normal, until it lasted for three days and I had a fever of 102 and no appetite (unheard of for me, I know, haha). I ended up checking into the hospital and staying there for an entire week. Nothing too serious, I should have been in and out in a week, but since I waited I made it worse. Lesson learned, if I'm in serious pain get it checked out, haha.
 
The best part of the hospital stay was being able to pin Dave as Captain in my hospital room. I thought I was going to miss the ceremony, but he brought the ceremony to me, ya, he's pretty amazing.
 

 
I'm doing great now. I decided to put my two week notice in at work so I can be home and closer to the Naval Hospital in case anything happens. They definitely took amazing care of me at the Naval Hospital on base and I'm looking forward to having our little girl there. I'm sad to be leaving my job and all the amazing people I have met there but I know I will keep in touch with them. 
 
Total Weight Gain: I'm close to catching Dave, lol, I'm now tipping the scale at 166lbs.
Stretch marks? So far so good, I'm hoping it stays like that!
Sleep:  Awesome, I've been sleeping a good 8 hours every night, besides the random bathroom breaks.
Best moment this week: We finished painting the nursery and we put together the crib! I seriously love this crib, perfect for our little princess ;-) We are going with white furnitre with pastel green and pink accents.
 

And we also added an extra shelf in the closet for more storage. The closest is already getting pretty full of all the generous donations from Dave's friend. We are so thankful for everything he's donated to us.

 
 
 
Miss Anything? Nothing I can think of this week.
Movement: Oh ya, the last few weeks she's been kicking up a storm.
Food cravings: All I wanted in the hospital was apples, grapes, and peaches. This week, I've been having sweets cravings, chocolate bars, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, haha.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been having pretty good heartburn the last few weeks and milk seems to help calm it.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In..but not as much as it use to, lol.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've had a great week and have been pretty happy and excited to come home and start nesting. :-)
Looking forward to: Finish decorating the nursery.